Here’s your weekly snapshot of the biggest weather stories across the country for the past several days. Is your city on the list?
- Billings, MT: Had a high temperature above 80° the first 5 days in June for the FIRST time since records at the airport began in 1934.
- St. George, UT: High temperature of 101° over the weekend, the first time the station has recorded a high of 100°F or greater this year.
- La Crosse, WI: Record high of 97° on Saturday, June 3. Earliest 97° or higher reading in the season since 1934.
- Chicago, IL: First 90° day of the season on Sunday, June 4, soaring to 92°.
- Marion, OH airport received 0.8″ of rain in 20 minutes with the thunderstorms on Monday, June 5, including 0.38″ in just 6 minutes!
- Sioux Falls, SD: Saw it’s 3rd 90° of the month on Monday, June 5. They average 4 during the month.
- Indianapolis, IN: They hit 88° on Monday, June 5 was the warmest day of the year so far. Last day of 88° or higher was September 22.
- San Antonio, TX: Experienced 100 lightning strikes in 5 minutes Tuesday night, June 6.
- Miami, FL: Now having their 2nd wettest start to June on record, so in 87 years! (The record wettest first two weeks of June were back in 1930)
- Buffalo, NY: The last last 7 day stretch of dry weather was 7 months ago! November 10-18.
Tell us what the weather was like in your area this week in the comments below!