Are you feeling the summer heat or is your region staying cool? Take a look at some scorching facts from the week below!
- With 125° on Sunday, June 25th Death Valley, CA has now had five days this month with 125°+ temperatures. This ties 2013 for the record for such.
- Oklahoma City, OK: Has only received 0.09″ of rainfall so far this month, which is the 3rd driest start (Jun 1-24) to June on record since 1890.
- Atlanta, GA: Where are the 90s? Last June (2016) we had 19 90°+ days, this June just 1 so far!
- Sacramento, CA: Finished an 8 day heat wave of 100° or higher this week, which ties for the 3rd longest heat streak since 1877!
- Phoenix, AZ: Had 9 straight days of 112°+ this week. Only the 2nd time on record this has happened. Last time was June 1990.
- Phoenix, AZ (again): A high temperature of >= 115° happens 2.1 times/year on average (over the past 10 years) in Phoenix. This year: 5 times already!
We want to know what your city experienced weather-wise this week, so tell us in the comments below!