From tropical developments to 120° weather, this week’s weather kept everyone on their toes! Here’s a look at some of the most impressive weather stats from the week:
- On Sunday, June 11 Caribou, ME (91°) was warmer than Las Vegas (89°)!
- Chicago, IL: Monday, June 12 was their hottest day in 4 years! Hitting 95°, Monday was their hottest day since Sep 10, 2013.
- Fairbanks, AK: Reaches 90° for the first time in nearly 4 years, and it’s the 2nd earliest 90 degree reading on record behind 90° on May 28th, 1947.
- Albany, NY has now set 12 warm records so far in 2017.
- Boston, MA: Has had 6 days in the 90s so far this year, the earliest this has happened on record, with records beginning in 1936
- 101° on Tuesday, June 13 at LaGuardia was their hottest June temperature on record, and one of the 16 hottest days ever recorded at LaGuardia Airport since records began in 1939.
- It’s been 83 YEARS since June started this warm-overall at Grand Island NE, and 45 YEARS at Hastings, NE.
- La Crosse, WI: Started June (June 1-12) with the 2nd warmest temperatures on record for that stretch. Warmest was 1933.
What weather events happened in your city this week? Let us know in the comments below!