Interested in getting a snapshot of this week’s weather? You’ve come to the right place!
- On Saturday, May 27, the US recorded the second highest amount of total filtered tornado, wind, and hail reports in 2017 with 571 reports.
- From April 2017 to June 2017, the number of named storms increased from 11 to 13 and the number of hurricanes increased from 4 to 6.
- Dallas, TX recorded their 4th driest May on record.
- This week the US had the 4th least spatial coverage of drought across the country. As of Thursday, June 1, only 5.28% of the country was in moderate drought or worse.
- Tupelo, MS broke their monthly record Friday morning, June 2 with 3.88” of rain in just under 6 hours, beating the previous highest daily June total (1995).
- On Friday, June 2, Miami, FL had their wettest day on record since October 2nd, 2013.
What was the weather like your area this week? Let us know below!