Summer is ramping up across the country, and we have the stats to prove it! Check out the most impressive weather facts below.
- In the early hours of Saturday, May 5, Mt. Washington, NH gusted to 110 mph and 130 mph.
- 133 locations in the US have hit 90-degrees or higher by Monday, May 7th.
- Here are cities that have hit 90° so far:
- Thermal, CA leads the pack with 37
- Baltimore, MD has the greatest number in the Northeast with 3
- Fort Myers, FL leads the Southeast with 10
- Laredo, TX leads the middle of the nation with 23
- Lewiston, ID and Boise, ID lead the Northwest with 1 a piece
- Based on data from Iowa State’s website, this year has had the fewest number of tornado and severe watches issued by the SPC in 20 years. This year has only seen 77, as compared to the annual year to date average of 223!
Let us know what sort of weather you experienced this weekend in the comments below!