Another week, another round of fun weather facts! Check out the stats below to see if your city made the list:
- Bring on the 100-degree days! Monday, April 17, Death Valley hit 100° for the first time this year! The average for the 1st 100° day is Apr. 21st
- Milwaukee, WI had a high temp of 82° Sunday, April 16. The last time they hit 80 was 10/17/16!
- On Monday, April 17, rainfall rates of 3″/hour were happening with a storm in Lavaca County, TX.
- Boston, MA: Tuesday April 18 ended a 9-day streak of above average temps. Cooler pattern dominates for the next week.
- Nearly 30,000 U.S. warm records set/tied so far in 2017, over 5x the number of cold records.
- A thing of the past? California’s statewide average snow water equivalent at 48″, or ~185% of normal for this date. 4 to 5 year CA drought now history.
- 50 feet of snow?? Mammoth Mountain, CA has exceeded 600″ for the season, only the second time they’ve done this since 1969/70.
- Lowest amount of extreme drought in 7 years! Only 0.1% of the CONUS in extreme (D3) drought at this time. Smallest area since May 2010. Only D3 nationally is in Georgia.
- Jackson, MS: Temperatures surpassed 80° in Jackson on Thursday, April 20, making this the 34th occurrence so far this year, the most ever recorded from January 1st through April 20th.
- Galveston, TX set both a record high and warm minimum temperature yesterday. 83 (tied)/75 (new), the 63rd & 64th warm records since November 1.
Talk about crazy weather, right? Tell us what the weather was like in your area this week in the comments below!