To say it’s been an eventful week would be an understatement. The main story the past few days has been Winter Storm Quinn- the second nor’easter to hit the northeast in a matter of days. It came, it saw, and it brought feet of snow to certain parts of the region. Here are the most fascinating weather facts from the event:
- On Wednesday, March 7, North Caldwell, NJ came in with 19″ of snow. Meanwhile, just 16 miles to the southeast, Central Park picked up a paltry 2.5″.
- On Wednesday, March 7, both West Hartford, CT and Long Island, NY picked up 2″ of snow in 1 hour.
- As of March 8 at 8 am, these were the Winter Storm Quinn snowfall totals:
- Wilmington, DE: 6″ (Daily record of 4.6” on Wednesday, March 7)
- Bethel, CT: 14.5″
- Highland Mills, NY: 24.3″
- Hudson, NH: 16.9″
- Portland, ME: 11.6″
What a week, right? What kind of weather did you face the past few days? Tell us in the comments below!