The week started off as a normal February week, but once it became March, the atmosphere exploded! Between Winter Storms Quinn and Riley, the country is facing extreme weather conditions like flooding, snow, and damaging wind. Here’s a look at some of the most interesting weather facts from the week:
- Wettest February on record for… Dallas, Shreveport, Little Rock, Tupelo, Memphis, Springfield MO, Louisville, Pittsburgh
- Dallas, TX: 4.72″ of rain on Wednesday, February 28. Highest one day precipitation total for a cold season (Nov-Mar) day which results in wettest monthly total (11.31″) for a cold season month. Also their 6th wettest calendar day on record. Records go back to 1898.
- Arkansas: Wettest February on record for the state. Also record wettest winter season for the state of Arkansas.
- Chattanooga TN: February 2018 ended up as the 5th wettest February on record for Chattanooga with 9.70” of rain – more than double the average February rain!
- As of 7 AM on Friday, March 2, Mammoth Mountain accumulated over 48” of snow in 24 hours thanks to Winter Storm Quinn. They experienced a 146 mph gust as well.
What sort of weather did you experience this week? Let us know in the comments below!