Blizzards, thundersnow, record highs, oh my! This week’s weather kept us on our toes. Check out a few fascinating facts about the weather this week:
- Dallas, TX: February 6th, 2017 was their first February 80-deg day in 2 years! Last one was February 28, 2014. This made the 7th 80+ day this winter.
- Portland, OR: With 11.2″ of snow so far this season, they have more snow than St. Louis (1.2″), Kansas City (4.5″), Des Moines (6.3″), and Indianapolis (6.6″) as of February 6, 2017.
- Baltimore, MD: Off to their least snowy start to a season in 44 years.
- When old records fall: Jacksonville, FL had a record high of 81 on February 7, 2017, besting the previous record of 80 from 1904...over 110 year-old record!
- Galveston, TX: Earliest 80 on record on February 7, 2017, breaking the previous earliest set back on Feb 21, 1993.
- Hottest spot in the country Tuesday, February 7 was McAllen, TX hitting 94, which also shattered their previous record by 8 degrees!!!!
- 4″ per hour snowfall rates recorded in Albany, NY on Thursday, February 9!
- Miami, FL: In 114 winters, they have never NOT seen at least one day below 50 degrees during the cold season. They could go all this winter without one.
- Salt Lake City, UT: Warmest day in 3 months on February 9, 2017- Hitting 60 yesterday, the last time S.L.C. was 60° or warmer was November 20, 2016.
- Caribou, ME reached a snow depth of 29″ on February 10, 2017. That is the highest snow depth measured on 2/10 since 35″ in 1998.
Do you live in any of these locations? Do you have any crazy weather stories of your own from this week? Let us know in the comments below!