Here are the big weather facts and stories from this week!
- Houston, TX: Hit 80° on Saturday 2/18 which was the 17th time this winter that 80° has been reached and ties for the most in city history.
- Green Bay, WI: Set 3 straight days of record highs Friday 2/17- Sunday 2/19.
- Mt. Washington, NH: Saturday 2/18 was the first time since 1/24/17 they didn’t pick up measurable snow.
- Great Lakes ice cover: Sitting at just 8% …usually in the 40% range at this time of year!
- On Monday 2/20, more than 70% of the nation will had a high temperature of 50° or warmer. 28% of the nation was 70° or warmer.
- Santa Rosa, CA: Has already received more rainfall in 2017 (31.3″) than it gets in an average year (31.0″).
- Top 5 warmest February on record so far: Raleigh currently #3, Greensboro #2, Charlotte #3, Dallas #1, Waco #1, Atlanta #1, Savannah #6, Charleston #2
- No snow for Chicago, IL?: Assuming no snow before Saturday, this will only be the 3rd February on record with no measurable snow
- Galveston, TX: On Wednesday, 2/22 they set their 31st warm record since 11/1/16.
- What a difference a year makes: On 2/21/17, 0% of California in ‘extreme drought’ compared to 61% on 2/23/16.
Do you have any crazy weather stories from your city this week? Let us know in the comments below!