What a week in weather! From an unexpected earthquake to record snowfall, check out the biggest weather stats of the week below.
- A record snowfall of 10” was set at Lubbock, TX on Saturday December 8. This breaks the old record of 3.4” set in 1988.
- Richmond, VA received 11.5” of snow on Sunday, December 9. This is the 6th snowiest day for the city overall. It’s also the 2nd snowiest December day behind 15″ that fell on 12/22/1908.
- Roanoke, VA recorded 15” of snow on Sunday, December 9, making it the 3rd snowiest day on record.
- The top snow total from Winter Storm Diego came from Mount Mitchell State Park in South Carolina. They recorded an astonishing 34” from the storm!
- East Tennessee experienced a 4.4 magnitude earthquake on the morning of Wednesday, December 12. Impacts were felt all the way down in Atlanta, GA!
- On Wednesday, December 12, 37 million people under Wind Alerts across the west and central plains.
How was your week weather-wise? Did you feel the southeastern earthquake? Did you get a lot of snow?