Records were made all across the US this week! Take a look below at the impressive weather stats.
- On Monday, December 9th, Houston, TX set a record for second hottest December day on record. The city reached 84°, which is one degree shy of beating the #1 hottest December day on record set in 1993.
- Jacksonville, FL tied their monthly high record of 85° on Tuesday, December 10th.
- A strong lake-effect band moved over Buffalo, NY on the morning of Wednesday, December 11th, producing a staggering 1-2” of snow per hour.
- The southeastern Florida coast received over 4” of rain in a few hours on Thursday, December 12th and set new records in many places:
- Wettest December day on record in Vero Beach receiving 4.49” of rain. This breaks the old record of .96” set in 1983.
- 2nd Wettest December day in Melbourne receiving 3.71” of rain. This breaks the old record of .91” set in 2012.
- 3rd wettest December day in Fort Pierce receiving 3.64” of rain. This breaks the old record of 1.75” set in 1902.
- Wausau, WI picked up about 4″ on Thursday, December 12th, making it the snowiest year on record. The record for the Wausau area is now 103.9”, breaking the previous calendar year record of 101.7” set in 1909.
What lies ahead in your forecast? Watch The Weather Channel to find out!