Here are the biggest weather stats from the Thanksgiving week of 2019! Buckle up… there are some wild stats in this round-up!
- 48 states saw rain, snow, or both this week!
- Nearly 23 million people were under winter alerts from Winter Storm Dorothy on Monday, November 25th.
- 163 arrivals and departures were canceled on Tuesday, November 26th at Denver International Airport. That’s all in one day, 463 flights were canceled with 11 delays up to that day!
- This is mainly due to the fact that the state got over 30” of snow, making it their 3rd snowiest day on record!
- A 106 mph wind gust was recorded on the Oregon coast on Tuesday, November 26th.
- More than 87 million people had wind alerts due to Winter Storm Dorothy on Wednesday, November 27th.
- With top gusts reaching nearly 70 mph.
- Albuquerque, NM had its snowiest Thanksgiving on record this year receiving 3.1” on Thursday, November 28th.
- Long Beach, CA had its wettest day on record receiving 2.18” on Thursday, November 28th.
Watch The Weather Channel to stay informed about what’s happening in your area!