At the beginning of this week, it seemed like 2018 was going to be a very below average year in terms of severe. Then Wednesday happened. Check out these weather stats from the week!
- 73 million people received some sort of precipitation on Halloween night across the US.
- As of the morning of Wednesday, October 31:
- Louisiana had only seen 25 tornado and severe watches for the year (41% of average). (Their average 1997-2017 is 61)
- Texas’s tally stood at 61 tornado and severe watches for the year (45% of average). (Their 1997-2017 is 136)
- However, there were 24 confirmed tornadoes Wednesday night into Thursday, November 1, all across the southeast, including some of the states that were particularly below average in terms of tornadoes so far this year.
- Mount Ida, AR: The 5.78” of rain at Mount Ida on Wednesday, October 31 not only set a daily rainfall record, but broke the all-time record daily rainfall for the month of October. That’s since records were began in 1872!
What sort of weather did your area experience this week? Let us know in the comments below!