Between wildfires, nor’easters, winter storms, and more, this week in weather was wild! Check out the most impressive stats below.
- 3-5″ of rain fell over the course of 6 hours in Fayetteville, AR on Sunday, October 6th.
- Memphis, TN received 3.39″ of rain on Monday, October 7th. This was the wettest day in the city since August 31, 2017 when the remnants of Hurricane Harvey dumped 4.04″ on the city. Prior to Monday’s rain, the city only picked up a mere 0.12″ between September 1st and October 5th. Of those 34 days, 32 were completely dry.
- The season’s first named winter storm was Winter Storm Aubrey on Tuesday, October 8th.
- The southwest faced major wildfires this week. Over 32 million people were under fire weather watches on Tuesday, October 8th.
- Bismarck, ND received 7.1″ of snow on Thursday, October 10th. This is the city’s 4th snowiest October day on record and snowiest since 1991!
- Denver, CO had a temperature of 9° at 6am on Friday, October 11th, making it the coldest October day since 1997 and the earliest they have recorded a single digit temperature. The previous record for earliest single digit temp was October 13th, 1969 (3°).
Watch The Weather Channel to get your area’s forecast!