Tropical Storm Imelda was the big story of this week, bringing dozens of inches of rain to Texas and beyond. Check out the staggering weather stats below.
- On Monday, September 16, San Francisco, CA had their first measurable rainfall for the city since May 26th, which is a dry streak that lasted 112 days.
- As of Monday, September 16th, there were 192 wildfires in Alabama over the course of the 30 days before.
- Due to Tropical Storm Imelda, Sargent, TX received 21” of rain in 24 hours on Wednesday, September 18th.
- Galveston, TX broke a 40-year old record on Wednesday, September 18th, getting 6.17” of rain. This also marks the city’s 9th wettest day on record.
- Conroe, TX received 5.16” of rain in ONE hour on Thursday, September 19th.
- Winnie, TX received over 30” in just 12 hours over the course of Thursday, September 19th.
- At 41.81” of rain, Imelda is the 5th wettest tropical cyclone for the contiguous US, 7th overall.
Have a safe weekend, weather geeks! Check The Weather Channel to get your area’s forecast.