What were the biggest weather stories of the week? Check them out below!
- August has come to a close and was the only month of the year (so far) that had above average tornado reports. There were 80 reports during the month, with the average being 74.
- Galveston Intercoastal Water Way at Highway 124 in Chambers County has received 7.76 inches of rain in a span of 6 hours on Monday, September 3.
- San Antonio, TX had a daily total rainfall of 6.07” on Monday, September 3. This is a new daily record for the city (old record was 1.76” in 1889), was the 10th wettest day in San Antonio ever, and 3rd wettest September day on record!
- A record rainfall of 5.06” was set at Pensacola on Tuesday, September 4. This breaks the old record of 2.96” set in 1948.
- At 4:30a on Thursday, September 6, temperatures in Minnesota got down to 31 at International Falls, 30 in Bigfork, and 27 at Robinson Lake!
Tell us what kind of weather did you experience this week in the comments below.