Want to know what went on this week in weather? Here are the biggest weather stats you need to know about.
- 3 tornadoes were confirmed in Des Moines, IA on Tuesday, August 20.
- Tropical Storm Chantal formed on Tuesday, August 20.
- Through Thursday, August 22, 77 days have seen minimum temperatures in Atlanta, GA have stayed at or above 70°F. This is a record pace, beating 2010, 2016, and 2018, which had 75, 74, and 72 days by this point.
- On Thursday, August 22, there was a confirmed EF-1 tornado in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- New York and Boston tied or broke daily high records on Thursday, August 22:
- The record high temperature of 93° in Boston, MA tied the old records set on this date in 2003 and 1955.
- A record high temperature of 93° in New York, NY tied the old record set on this date in 2003.
Watch The Weather Channel for your region’s latest forecast!