What were some of the most compelling weather stats and facts from the past week? Here’s our roundup!
- 42.3 million were under heat advisories in the Northeast on Monday, August 6.
- Including Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Providence, Portland, Albany.
- Stow, MA: Received flooding reports after receiving 3.21″ of rain on Wednesday, August 8.
- Seasonal forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center have increased the likelihood of a below-normal Atlantic hurricane season to 60 percent (up from 25 percent in May) as of Thursday, August 9.
- 115° was reported in Hells Canyon, ID on Thursday, August 9! For the record, the all-time state record is 118° set back on July 28, 1934 in Orofino, ID.
Tell us what weather you experienced in the comments below!