What weather did the world experience this week? Take a look below!
- A record daily rainfall of 4.00 inches was set at Washington National DC on Saturday, July 21. This breaks the old record of 2.56 inches set in 1911.
- A daily record rainfall of 4.79 inches was set at Baltimore, MD on Saturday, July 21. This breaks the old record of 2.76 inches set in 1887.
- Records since 1950 show the tennis ball sized hail (2.5″) reported in Dacula, GA Saturday, July 21 tied for 2nd largest hailstone in GA in July.
- Swatara Creek in Hershey, PA reached its 2nd highest level on record on Wednesday,m July 25.
- So far in July, three nations have broken their all-time temperature records:
- Japan, 106°F (41.1°C) at Kumagaya on July 23.
- Taiwan, 104.5°F (40.3°C) at Tianxiang on July 10.
- Algeria, 124.3°F (51.3°C) at Ouargla on July 5.
Tell us what weather you had in your neck of the woods in the comments!