Are you surprised that every one of our stats this week involves severe weather? Probably not. But the stats themselves might shock you!
- As of Monday, April 22, Birmingham, AL recorded 53 tornadoes. That’s the most recorded by the end of April since 2011.
- Their yearly average is 47!
- Another state with unusually high tornado numbers is Mississippi. It was confirmed this week that they had tornadoes on Thursday, April 18 alone.
- A long-tracked supercell thunderstorm left a damage swath of 150 miles, from TX to LA on late Wednesday, April 24.
- Shreveport, LA reported 8 tornadoes from this system alone.
- The tornado that hit Ruston, LA on early Thursday, April 25 was an EF-3. This rating could be increased if more severe damage is found.
Stay safe this weekend, no matter what type of weather your area is forecast to get!