It was another record-breaking week as Hurricane Maria makes its way through the Atlantic. Here’s a look at the most interesting weather facts from the week.
- On Monday, September 18, Maria became 4th Category 4 hurricane of Atlantic 2017 season- Last time this happened was 2010.
- It has been 10 years since Atlantic had two Category 5 hurricanes in the same season. 2 category 5’s in the same season has also happened 5 other years on record: 1932, 1933, 1961, 2005, and 2007.
- In terms of pressure, Maria is the 10th most intense Hurricane in Atlantic history with a pressure of 909 mb as of Wednesday, September 20.
- On Wednesday, September 20, PR recorded 25″+ totals in the past 24 hours, and an incredible 8″ per hour from one gauge.
- Early morning on Thursday, September 21, the entire Island of Puerto Rico was under a flash flood warning
Let us know what type of weather you had in your neck of the woods this week!