What happened this week in weather? Take a look at some of the most interesting weather tidbits from the week below!
- Indianapolis finished Saturday, March 24th with 10.2″ of snow in total.
- This sets the record snowfall for the day.
- It is the 2nd highest one day total for the month of March with the top being March 19th 1906 at 12.1″.
- Total snow for the month of March is now 11.6″ which puts it at the 6th snowiest March on record. The snowiest March was 1906 with 30.4.
- According to reports from the NWS in Chicago, Dana IL got 12″ of snow while only 28 mi away the ground was bare in Ottawa (although there was one report of 0.5″)!
- 5.55″ of rain on Wednesday, March 28 in #Austin
The daily record…shattered
The monthly record…shattered!
The rain from Wednesday alone would qualify as the 7th wettest March in 126 years of record keeping!
What was the weather like in your neck of the woods this week? Tell us in the comments below.