Another week, another winter storm that’s breaking records left and right! Here are this week’s top weather facts.
- Kansas City, MO: When temps bumped above freezing at 2am Sunday morning, that ended their below freezing streak at 385 hours (16 days, 1 hour)!
- Charleston, SC: High temp of 37°F on Sunday, January 7. That’s 7 days in a row with temps colder than 40°F, a record for this location.
- Albuquerque, NM: Sunday, January 7 marked 94 days without measurable precipitation. 5th longest dry streak on record.
- Pittsburgh, PA: Coldest first seven days of January since records began with a mean temp of 7.9°.
- Minneapolis, MN: Currently 17″+ below average for season to date snow (as of Tuesday, January 9).
- Las Vegas, NV: Received 1.33″ of rain on Tuesday, January 9– officially the wettest January day, wettest winter day, & 6th wettest day overall– over 1/4 (32%) of their annual rainfall.
- Des Moines, IA: Up to 742 days without a 3″ snowfall (through January 7). Previous record was 696 days in 1921-23. Last 3″ snow was 5.4″ on December 28…2015!
Do you live in any of these cities? Tell us what the weather was like in your area this week!