This week we got a taste of winter, hurricane season, and severe weather all in one! Check out the most interesting weather facts from the week below.
- 2.70″ of rain recorded in one hour in Lynn, MA on Saturday, September 30.
- The epitome of dueling seasons, on Sunday, October 1, parts of Colorado were under a tornado watch and winter storm warning at the same time!
- October 1 was the first day since August 11 without a tropical cyclone in the Atlantic, ending a 50-day stretch of nonstop action.
- September 2017 set Atlantic calendar month records for named storm days: 53.5, hurricane days: 34.5, major hurricane days: 18.
- First blizzard of the season happened this week on Monday, October 2 in Havre, MT.
- Already a wetter than average October: Twin Cities, MN has already received more than the average October rainfall (2.43″) as of 7 AM on October 3rd with a total of 2.53″.
What sort of weather did you experience this week? Tell us in the comments below!