This week it seems like the country got a taste of every type of weather… Some tropical systems, record high temperatures, snowfall, and more! Here are some of the most impressive weather stats from the week.
- Saturday, October 21, NWS Norman, OK issued their first October tornado warning in 5 years, since 2012.
- 3″ hail was reported in several locations across Oklahoma on Saturday, October 21, which is slightly larger than baseball-sized!
- Record rainfall of 1.88″ in St. Joseph, MO on Saturday, October 21.
- Bangor, ME: Twenty of the first 21 days of October have had a high greater than 60°F. 1981-2010 average is 10 days for the entire month!
- Islip, NY: Tied record high on Saturday, October 21. High of 76 ties previous record of 76 back in 2016 and 1963.
- Impressive temp drops: Lincoln, IL dropped 11 degrees in 30 minutes, Milwaukee dropped 15 degrees in less than 1 hour on Sunday, October 22.
- 4 total tornadoes that occurred in South Carolina on Monday, October 23 alone. Tied for the second most active October day for the state.
- First pitch temp of 103° on Tuesday, October 24 smashed previous hottest World Series game of 94 set in 2001.
- Melbourne, FL has recorded a high temp of 80 or greater for 199 consecutive days as of Tuesday, October 25 (an all time record)!
- Downtown L.A. crushed their record latest-in-season 104˚ high on Wednesday, October 26 by 8 days. (Oct. 16, 1958)
What happened weather-wise in your neck of the woods this week? Let us know in the comments below!