The US has experienced a fall flip flop this past week! Some areas remain hot while others are finally starting to cool off and feel like autumn. Here are the most note-worthy weather facts from the week!
- Coldest morning of the season: Mt. Washington, NH dropped to 13°F on the morning of Wednesday, October 18! Washington DC and Baltimore’s morning lows on Wednesday were also their chilliest of the season so far.
- Lynchburg, VA, Austin, TX and Raleigh, NC recorded the coldest mornings since April this week.
- Coolest high temperature since May: Indianapolis, IN only reached 62° on Tuesday, October 17. Coolest since 61° on May 7.
- Wilmington, NC dipped to 49° on Tuesday night, making it the first 50° since spring!
- Hartford, CT: To date, fall has had the most 70°+ days on record at Bradley Airport in CT.
- Temperatures climb back above average through the week, keeping places steadily in their Top 10 warmest Falls on record all across the midwest and northeast.
- Mt. Rainier, WA hit hurricane force on Wednesday, October 18 with a 74 mph wind gust.
- If you’ve thought the Pacific has been quiet this season, it has been: Only 3.75 Cat. 3+ (>=111 mph) typhoon days in NW Pacific so far in 2017 – the fewest NW Pacific Cat. 3+ typhoon days thru 10/18 since 1984.
Hard to believe some cities are still experiencing 100°+ temperatures and some have already seen 13°! What’s the weather like your area this late October weekend?