This week’s facts are all spooky in nature because of Halloween! Check out the craziest weather stats from the past week below:
- Saturday, October 28 and Sunday, October 29: Chicago, Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus all saw their first snow of the season.
- Atlanta’s high of 45° on Sunday, October 29 was the coldest October day since 1993 and tied for 5th coldest Oct high temp on record. Atlanta also saw their earliest 1st freeze sine Oct 28, 2001 (9th earliest on record).
- How RARE is a freeze for Memphis in October? Well, you have to go back 24 years (1993) for the last one. Only 3 times since 1965 has Memphis seen a freeze in the month of October including this year.
- Halloween 2017 in Kansas City official just finished up as the 2nd coldest on the 130-year record! A trace of snow fell yesterday making the monthly total for October a trace. That trace made this October the 10th snowiest on record.
- Sioux Falls, SD was one degree away from a record low on Halloween morning. 2017 will go down as having the 2nd coldest temperature on record for the holiday.
- The 2017 Halloween snow in Topeka ties for the 9th earliest measurable snowfall on record, since 1887.
What sort of weather did you have this Halloween week? Let us know in the comments below!