world war 2 D-day senario

started by katrina, June 6, 2017
2 replies to this discussion

73 years ago today D-day happened. on that day the weather was very bad. when the landings happened the weather was fine but bad weather happened later on and there was bad weather before. they were about to call it of until Dwight D. Eisenhower said, “o.k., Lets go” and made the invasion possible. what do you think would of happened if the invasion was called off?

Wow, would I even be here? My dad fought in WW2. If D-day hadn’t happened, would he have been killed or injured in a different action? Or maybe, saved by a beautiful french sympathizer, staying overseas? Would my mom meet & marry John Wayne? (her dream) I could have been French or Western. In any way, a totally different person.

• Expert Member

So true Katrina. It really is amazing that they were able to take advantage of a break in the weather to carry out this mission. AND with the limited meteorological tools they had back then, compared with today. I am also a history buff, and when there is a weather connection, I find it especially fascinating!

Reply to world war 2 D-day senario

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?