Winter Storm Gia Totally Missing Mid Michigan

started by CathieU, January 12, 2019
4 replies to this discussion

As I watch the Weather Channel and the major winter storm affecting all of the states to our south, I am thankful that it is not happening here.  The southern most part of our state may see a little of it, but nothing like Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio are getting.  There are those here that wish it would happen but I’m happy with the way it is.  Our snowfall in both October and November were unusually plentiful, something that we don’t get that early in the season.  Now the opposite is happening.  We received hardly any snow in December and this month so far.  In fact, it has been very dry.  I know that we won’t be lucky enough to make it through the entire winter with no snow, but this is lovely as far as I’m concerned.  Now if the temps were just warmer . . . . .

Our 1 PM temperature is 30.6°F (-1°C), the humidity is 56%, and winds are from the east at 9 mph.  The wind chill is 22°F (-6°C).  The dew point is 16°F (-9°C) and skies are cloudy.  Visibility is 10 miles.  The pressure  is 30.44 in (1031.2 mb) and steady.  Yesterday’s high was 29°F (-1°C) and the overnight low was 28°F (-2°C).  Averages for this date are 29°F / 17°F.  The record high for Jan,. 12 is 46°F (8°C) set in 2006, and the record low is -7°F (-22°C) set in 1999.

DURAND / OWOSSO FORECAST
    This Afternoon: Cloudy, with a high near 30. East wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
    Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. East northeast wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
    Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northeast wind around 11 mph.
    Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.

stop rubbing it in

Katrina, just get your skis out and enjoy..

@katrina, remember that Winter Storm #Gia slammed our nation’s capital, including The White House, Capitol Hill, and some of our nation’s monuments. President Trump called her “Winter Storm #Covfefe I” on his Twitter page. #snowycovfefe 😀

Reply to Winter Storm Gia Totally Missing Mid Michigan

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?