Who is your favorite Weather Channel meteorologist

started by Gbear906, March 7, 2017
104 replies to this discussion

My <i><u>favorite </u></i>is <b>Jim Cantore!</b>

I like Jim Cantores’ enthusiasm, especially when it comes to thunder snow. It’s not all that rear. Thunder snow happens when you have an intensifying  low pressure colliding with cold air.

** Thunder snow / Lightning strikes / Holy smokes / Totally lit up the sky / You can have your $500 million jackpot in Powerball / But I’ll take this thunder snow ** #wintertune 😀

Thunder snow actually only occurs in less than 1 percent of snowstorms. Trust me, as for living in what 9 months of the year is a frozen wasteland, I could tell you I’ve almost never seen thunder snow. I’m one for Jim Cantore to, though!!

Jack

I like the blond one

You said it Jim Cantorie and the thunder snow. You can telll he truly loves weather. But i also like Alex Wilson.  Shes great, and she knows her job. I also kind of have a crush on her.

He is by far my favorite to watch. I wish I was there during thunder snow. He had me cracking up.

• my favroite meteorologist is Jim Cantore because he is a weather geek.

Its a toss up between Stephanie Abrams and Jim Cantore. Altho……they all are carismatic.

Stephanie Abrams kicks ass over Jim Cantore anytime.  #stephbeatscan 😀

• I agree with @newton! Jim Cantore or Stephanie Abrams. I also like Mike Bettes.

I think Stephinie is really tall, towering over Mr. Cantore! (just saying)

🌬Got to be Jim Cantore. 🌪

Jim Cantore, hands down.

Why is he a favorite with his hands down?

Jim Cantore, no contest… is that more to your liking?  If not, please let me know and I will rack my brain and imagination further until you are satisfied.

LOL

It’s a tie between Cantore and Dr. Postey.  BTW, to my knowledge, Dr. Postel is the only one on TWC to qualify wind shear…i.e. instability must be adequate to overcome shear otherwise supercells are inhibited by shear.

Mine was a tie between Forbes and Jim

Reynolds Wolf, hands down. I LOVE AMHQ Weekend

Yes, he’s my favorite too, his humor on AMHQ weekend is classic. ☺️ plus his knowledge of football and weather is one of a kind.

Dr. Forbes, hands up OR down.

lol

Dr. Forbes he explains everything in detail.

I’m torn😂. It’s a tie between Forbes and Jim, I would have to go with Jim because of his exciting field work. I also like how Forbes can explains in detail.

It`s actually a toss between Dr. Greg Forbes and Jim Cantore….I love them both!

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Jim Cantore! Love watching him out in the field</p>

Either Jim Cantore, Greg Forbes, or Carl Parker. Forbes does a great job on knowing which areas will recive severe storms. He also looks at the SPC I an tell. Carl Parker had a great segmant saying that climate change is science ot politics… totally agree. I saw Cantore during Jonas, where we got 31 inches of snow in my backyard. Clearly looked excited in DC for thundersnow.

All the female #wxwomen (e.g., Stephanie Abrams, Liana Brackett, Jen Carfagno, Kelly Cass, Sarah Dillingham, Maria LaRosa, Julie Martin, Dr. Erika Navarro, and Alex Wilson) are my favorite meteorologists at The Weather Channel.

After all, I wish that we not only have more women in STEM but also witness their dreams come true. This is affirmative when it comes to meteorology, especially at The Weather Channel.

Female meteorologists prove continuously that they are just as terrific as anybody else. I give all the #wxwomen 10 out 10 stars. I have been a colossal fan and supporter of The Weather Channel; and I hope that you feel that way too. Bring it on!  #wxgirlsrule 😀

• Jim Cantore, Mike Bettes and Paul Goodle (forgot how to spell it)

Alex Wilson is my favorite weather person. She has nice personality and jokes a lot, not bad for east coast person. She also likes animals(dogs).

Alex Wilson kicks serious weather butt every time she is on The Weather Channel.  In fact, I have a signed picture from Alex in my keepsakes.  Alex earns 10 out of 10 stars in my book.  #alexthewxhottie 😀

Jim Cantore, Better and Postel

@daisyjanew, The Weather Channel must give more on-air time to Kait Parker, a Texas girl with the heart of a meteorologist.  #kaitonthebaitwxedition 😀

I would love to see Kait come back to TWC. She has a lot of scientific knowledge about climate change and environmental issues (especially focusing on her home state of Florida which is greatly impacted by these issues). It would be great to see her back on air. She seems passionate about the TWC and it would be great for her to share her passion for environmental issues on TWC. I get a lot of people think TWC is being too political about climate change, but this is a critical issue that has to be talked about. It’s not about being political, it’s about raising awareness for environmental conservation and fighting climate change.

I was disappointed when Crystal Egger left because she had a way of being enthusiastic on air, but most of the female meteorologists do. The ladies all do a good job keeping viewers entertained. But I get why Crystal Egger wanted to leave. Kyla Grogan was good too. I miss Jen Delgado as well!

Easy. Jim Cantore.

The Dew Point Diva out shines them all !!!

The Weather Channel must bring back Kyla Grogan as a freelance meteorologist.  One minute, Kyla was a brunette.  The next minute, Kyla became a redhead and remains today.  #favoritewxperson 😀

Paul Goodloe😁😁😁

No, I adore Dr. Erika “Atmosphera Erikita” Navarro as my favorite meteorologist at The Weather Channel.  I give Dr. Erika a perfect 10 🌟 in my book.  #theatmosphericqueen 😍

Stephanie Abrams

I like Stephanie Abrams and Jim Cantore.

It could be cause these two are the ones I come across most often, but I can’t think of anyone I DON’T like either. 🙂

They are all good.

Dr. Greg Postel, Cantore, Carl Parker.   And all the rest

Alex Wilson hands down. Been enjoying her on weather channel since she came on weather channel, when she was on evening forecasts when Crystal Eggar when on baby leave.

@karl1324, you nailed it spot on!  I have totally enjoyed Alex Wilson since the first day that she appeared on The Weather Channel.  In fact, I have a signed picture from Alex in my keepsakes.  Alex earns 10 out of 10 stars in my book.  #alexthewxhottie 😀

My favorite Weather Channel Meteorologist is Jim Cantore because he is a weather geek like I am.

Alex Wilson. I find her to be the most entertaining. She is very enthusiastic while on the air and finds a way to entertain viewers. I enjoy watching Alex because it’s easy to relax and stay entertained watching her.

@brohde1, amen to that!  I cannot get enough of watching Alex Wilson every time she is on the air; in fact, I am blushing for Alex right now!  #wxgirlcrush 😀

My windsock blows toward Mike Bettes. The rest of the Weather Gang are awesome too, but Mike has a sort of quiet reserve—with tonnes of knowledge in his field.

Mike Seidel is also my favorite.

I look forward to hurricane season & Michael Lowry

Jen Carfagno! That was an easy one! Dr. Forbes also!

1. Stephanie Abrems and Mike Bettes I use to watched their morning show it is how I got hooked.  I do like Cantore with Abrems too then Alex Wilson in WUTV she adds a lot of personality.  The the Docs Postel, Niziol and Forbes.  I do love Carl Parkers’ knowledge on climate change.  I could go on as I live the weather channel. Reynolds Wolfe cracks me up, Maria Larosa is great….

Stephanie Abrams is such a hoot.  I think she would admit that she needs a lobotomy

Tough question because I like a lot of them. Reynolds Wolf is going to be my favorite meteorologist because of his enthusiasm and love for the weather. Plus he mentioned the Deftones on air.

• I absolutely love everyone because of their knowledge of what they do and love for the weather. I talk about them with others like they are my friends. Lol. However, here are a few of my faves and why.

S. Abrams: her musical references, random info, and enthusiasm in everything she says.

J. Cantore: his swag, style and love of coffee.

J. Carfagno: her sweet demeanor and lovable non confrontational spirit

M. Bettes: his heart  (will never forget the Joplin video)

Mike Bettes and Stephanie Abrams. They are both well spoken, educated scientist geeks and friendly. Oh, and they know their stuff.

As there is so many to pick from, I’d say the entire meteorologist team.

Sarah Dillingham True MVP Of Weather Producing

Well said!

Dr Forbes and Mike Bettes – Dr Forbes because of his knowledge/expertise and ability to clearly explain why and how tornadoes form.  The Tor-Con is great, and we stay tuned to TWC whenever the Tor-Con is 5 or above, even when is doesn’t affect Indiana.

Mike Bettes because of his expertise and passion for what he does. He brings great heart to WU.  And he’s a fellow Buckeye!

Jim cantore he likes what I like to watch thunder snow and I like to watch any thunder storm anytime even stayed up all night to watch the lighting

I love Jim Cantore!!! I live in the rocky mountains in a town called Steamboat (Jim you may have heard of it) and I am a total thundersnow freak too!

• Jim Cantore is the reason I got into weather. And like him, I love a good snow storm.

Wow…all the love for Cantore?? He’s cool but my pick is and has always been Dr. Greg Postel. He is a perfect ten to me in every way and I continue to be impressed and inspired by him every day. I can watch him for ten minutes and be so entertained and informed yet other times so mesmerized I don’t hear a thing & catch myself smiling. How does anyone do that? He is truly talented. Thank goodness for DVR rewind. Anyway, they are very lucky to have him. Oh, and I love his Twitter signature……  😉

Stephanie ! 😍

<li style=”text-align: center;”>Jim, Tom, Stephanie

Mine? Jim Cantore. ”I`ll have two of what hes having. Maybe I should cry more…”

My favorite Weather Channel meteorologist is Maria LaRosa.  Maria is my favorite Weather Channel meteorologist because to me she brings such great knowledge and understanding of complex weather topics and makes those complex weather topics easily understandable.  And, she just has an overall great personality and brings such passion about the weather to work with her everyday.  And, I think she is she an extremely smart and intelligent woman.  With that being said, it seems to me that she is very humble and down to eather also.  And, when you watch her on-air it just brings a smile to your face to see someone with such enthusiasm to work with them everyday.  She likes to have fun with the weather every time she on-air and makes you have fun along with her.  It is only a plus that she is very pleasant to look at while she is explaining those complex weather topics to everyone in the country.  She has everything that I would want my future significant other to have body wise.  I think she is an extremely beautiful woman.

Without a doubt, my favorite is Mike Seidel.  

It’s a tie for me between Jim Cantore and Dr. Greg Forbes

You could apply every word that @bobthebigunit wrote about Maria LaRosa to Jen Carfagno, as well. My faves are Jen, Maria, and Jim Cantore – all three of them are extreme weather geeks and are fun to watch. Brainiacs, all.

Amen to that @collisionbend!  All the #wxwomen at The Weather Channel rule everyday!

Jim Cantore is number one for me because of his personality and his at times child-like enthusiasm.  #thundersnow

After that; Stephanie Abrams (who I refer to as my “Weather Channel Girlfriend”), Jen Carfagno (who would hold the aforementioned title if it wasn’t for Stephanie), Mike Seidel (for his weather-encyclopedia-for-a-brain), and Mike Bettes (for his passion and COMpassion).

I would also be remiss if I didn’t give a shout-out to Dave Schwartz (Gone but certainly not forgotten – R.I.P.), and Cheryl Lemke (my original “WCGF”) whom I remember watching on TV in Omaha before TWC existed.

@billt, please read some of my previous comments above.  Most, if not all, my comments are quite interesting to share.  #wxgeekasaurus 🤓

Tie between Jen and Maria. I usually watch in the mornings. Jim Cantore would be a close third.

I like Michael Lowry. I like his style (and he is cute).

Storm Master G.

@prater466, please continue to keep it G with severe weather/tornado expert Dr. Greg Forbes.  #severewxmaster 😀

Dr. Greg Forbes, Jen Carfagno, Jim Cantore

Jen Carfagno, Mike Bettes, Dr. Greg Forbes, and Jim Cantore are definitely some of my favorites, but every Weather Channel Meteorologist really has something unique about them that makes them special!

I like Jim Cantore because he is brave to go into the most dangerous storms and Dr. Greg Forbes because he is really smart and knows a lot about severe weather

• <p style=”text-align: left;”>I think Jim cantore Stephenie Abrams dr.greg postel jen carfagno Michael lowery carl parker alex Willson and Mike Bettis and dr. Forbes</p>

Mike Bettes is my fave! Took on a tornado and almost lost, but still at it strong. You’re the man Mike!

• JIM CANTORE!! I live in North Florida and we have this ongoing saying that if Jim Cantore is filming live less than 25 miles away from your house, your going to die! We love hurricanes and whenever he is close by, it always excites me. I hope this year he films near by again.

Jim Cantore!  i remeber his live report with thunder snow  about i don’t know how many times ad how he acts as if hes a energetic kid again i like his energy and his reactions to   different weather situattions and hes really cool

• Jim Cantore and Mike Bettes

Jim Cantore and Mike Bettes.

• I can’t decide. I like all of them.

Alex Wilson.

@alexwilson, a redhead hottie on The Weather Channel, loves being a dog mom.  Yes, who loves her puppies?  #woofwoof #wxredhead 😀

The following meteorologists are my favorites at The Weather Channel:

1. #wxblondies (e.g., @stephanieabrams, Sarah Dillingham, Kelly Love, Julie Martin)
    2. #wxbrunettes (e.g., Dr. @twcerikanavarro, @maria-larosa, @liana-brackett)
    3. #wxredheads (e.g., @dewpointdiva, @kcass, @alexwilson)

#GirlPower 😀

The whole Weather Channel Team is great and finding favorites are difficult.

That being said, I really like, Jim (of course), Stephani (of course), Jen and Paul.

I was quite impressed with Goodloe’s coverage of Peurto Rico after the Hurricane.

Mike Bettes. I love most of them, love Goodloe’s coverage (the chemistry between Goodloe and Maria is wonderful. They make the best team), Cantore’s enthusiasm, Dr. Postel, Reynolds Wolf is great, Jen Carfagno is terrific, to name only a few. But Bettes seems to have so much heart for people affected by the weather – and I’ll never forget him pitching in and helping – not just reporting but making a difference on the ground. He’s beyond fabulous!

My least favorite meteorologist is Steph Abrams.  Nobody likes her very much!  If she ever makes primetime at TWC I’m dumping Comcast and switching to Verizon

I really like all if them, and I love TWC in general, but my favorites are the 2 Chrises. I’m not sure why, but there’s just something about them that I like. Chris Bruin, in particular, I feel like maybe it’s because he’s so young. I don’t know a lot about the ages of everyone here, but he seems much younger than the others, and that has to say something. Chris Warren cracks me up for some reason. They were on together awhile back, and seemed like they were having a lot of fun and I enjoyed that. I also really like Alex Wilson and Dr. Navarro. Mike Bettes and Reynolds Wolf, I also really like watching and listening to.

@angieeakes, both @alexwilson and Dr. @twcerikanavarro crack me up everytime they are on Weather Underground together.  I am jovial that both Alex and Erika are best friends on The Weather Channel.  #favoriteTWCmeteorologists 😀

• I like them all. And, on the side note, WHY IN THE DEEP BLUE OCEAN ARE THERE 91 OTHER RESPONSES?! Just think about if the whole Weather Channel crew saw this…

Maybe they lurk???

@angieeakes, this topic is a popular discussion for the We Love Weather community.  #lotsofcomments 🙂

My 3 Favorites are Jim contore Stephanie Abrams and D,r Greg  Forbes with his ground breaking information and Jim Stephanie on in the mornings there just a  Rite truly great people

Easy, Mike Bettes. He has a kind heart and made it out of a tornado alive! (We support you for that!) he also makes things fun on WU. He’s like really funny, he has a funny way of posting things out. He’s also got a good heart, he cares for people and their communities.

100th reply. dr. greg forbes

Big Jim, Cantore that is.

I always liked Jim Cantore.  He always seems to be where the action is.

Reply to Who is your favorite Weather Channel meteorologist

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?