Which city would be the best (among these) for a dry weather sufferer?

started by JP21, February 17, 2020
1 replies to this discussion

Hi,

I’m a person who is trying to find the most suitable climate for myself (suffering from minor dryness-inflicted issues) to excel my career and happiness in life. For that, I am in search of quick but accurate answers from some climatologist/experts.

Which of these places would be most suitable for me to feel uninterrupted/non-debilitating/optimal (from issues of dry eyes and dry sinus-more info. below)?

1. New York City area
      2. Los Angeles area
      3. San Francisco bay area ~ Seattle

The key criteria to determine this are Relative humidity/Dew Point-> How you would really feel.

I like moisture in the air, and more humid it is the better it has been for me in general (unless it is really really hot).This is because I have minor dry eye issues, and sinus issues (moisture makes me feel better since my sinus stays more moist as well.- otherwise I have to apply like saline water spray on to it, for example.. In general, in my experience, I did like Late Spring ~ Summer ~ Early Fall weather of the Midwest/Canadian Southern Ontario region. The winters are horrific there with super dry conditions inside buildings (outside -5C 90% RH, inside buildings 21C with 10~20% RH). I know that New York City would be generally more humid and warmer, the dew point seems to be higher year around- Would this be my best bet? I did feel always better when I visited there. For example, Los Angeles seems to be perfect (weather wise in general) since it has the warmth year around but isn’t the relative humidity often near 10~20% there outside, or is it not?  One very important question is that, when it is like 15 C, with 10% RH in LA, water from my eyes and sinus would evaporate faster than when it is -5C and 80% RH in New York City- in other words, I would feel more comfortable in New York City in winter even if average dew point would be lower there? I know summer in NYC would be one of the happiest places on earth for me (hot+humid = cure for both indoors and outdoors). But indeed, we live 12 months a year.

Please let me know if you are a climate expert, who knows very well about the climate zones and types of the United States near NY, LA, SF/ Seattle.

I think New York because it has humid summers. Humidity helps me with dry eyes and dry sinuses. The northeast or the southeast more or less.

Reply to Which city would be the best (among these) for a dry weather sufferer?

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?