What is your favorite snack/drinks on a hot day?

started by s754263, June 15, 2017
19 replies to this discussion

1.  ICE CREAM

2.  Ice tea (sweet or unsweet)

3.  And of course ice cold water.

My favorite snack on a hot day is either gelato or raisins, whichever available.  My favorite drinks would be either ice cold water or a Dr. Pepper from Sonic Drive-In. What about you, Dr. @twcerikanavarro?  #beattheheatwithsomethingcold ☀🍺💦

Ice cream is definitely my favorite snack on a hot day! My favorite drink is an ice cold lemonade!

I guess I have to say my favorite drink on a hot summer day would be Ice Cold Spring Water and my favorite little snack for a hot summer day would probably be a dish of vanilla frozen yogurt as much as I enjoy lots of other tasty sweets I’m a lot older now and can’t eat when I used to anymore

Favorite drinks would be either iced tea or coffee, nice and sweet….Unfortunately I have to watch my sugar consumption now.  But I have a sweet tooth, and I can’t stand unsweetened tea or coffee! 😉

So in “moderation “, though I started using a natural sweetener, Truvia, instead of sugar most of the time.

As for a snack or food, nothing beats ice cream!!  Again, the sugar…..Sugar free ice cream?  Ugh! 🙁 And of course there’s watermelon.  YUM! 🙂

Great topic!  Thanks for starting it.  Since we’re in for a heat wave, I’d love to make a whole pot of iced coffee or tea with all this sugar, but as Trg9 says, I’m getting older and can’t eat/drink the way I used to….

Water and watermellon!

• Expert Member

Ooh, ice cream is the best!  Too bad I can’t get a cone here in TWC headquarters 🙂

@alexwilson, perhaps TWC should invest in an ice cream parlor (e.g., Orange Leaf)?  What do you think?  #icecreamwxhot 😀

• Expert Member

Sounds good to me!

Amen to that, @alexwilson! 😀

On a hot day, i’ll have a hot coffee or ice cold lemonade. My snack in hot weather would have to be a Double Carmel Magnum!! Ohhhh heaven. And yes, as im getting older as well, I have to watch my sugar. But hey, YOLO !

• <p style=”text-align: left;”>Ice cream, lemonade, and I sometimes eat ice, I don’t why but my teeth have always been strong enough to chew through almost anything, YOLO</p>

My favorite is probably snow cones! My favorite would be a wedding cake flavored snow cone with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it! It’s the best thing on a hot day! 🙂

• Definitely mint chip icecream. Or a frozen lemonade.

• Water and watermelon

cool-aid for drink

and grapes for food.

On a hot day, I enjoy a cold cherry slushie or a frozen lemonade. For snacks I like to eat grapes. (Fitting! My username is Grapes!)  ;-))

• Expert Member

Ice cream is the best!!!!

I also like to create my own smoothies with fresh fruit.  Frozen banana in a blender has the consistency of ice cream and really helps the smoothy texture!!

• Expert Member

Ice cold water with lemon for a drink, and I LOVE frozen grapes for a snack!

Dr. @twcerikanavarro, I totally agree with you on ice cold water with lemon when it is a scorcher outside.  Likewise, I LOVE fruit-filled popsicle bars (e.g., strawberry, peach, cherry) for a snack!  I cannot stand grapes, though.  #lemonydrink 😉

Reply to What is your favorite snack/drinks on a hot day?

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?