Wednesday, Dec. 5 South West Michigan – Light Snow, Bad Roads

started by AmazedHuman, December 5, 2018
1 replies to this discussion

Lots of accident reports on the morning radio today. Sounds like just a low enough temperature and enough snow to make the roads treacherous. I know the errands I need to do to day may be done later today – if the roads get better – or I may have to wait until Friday. Tomorrow doesn’t sound much better. Not a good day out there today.

Currently 28 with a WSW wind of 7 mph making it feel like 20 degrees. Dew Point 24, Humidity 85%, Barometer 30.10 & rising, Visibility 0.6 mi., Sunrise 7:58 am, Sunset 5:06 pm. 70% chance of light morning snow. High 29. WSW winds 10 -15 mph.

40% chance of overnight snow showers. Low 28. WSW winds 10 -20 mph.

Aside from the fluke, quick-hitting cold air mass just before Thanksgiving, the air has been quite tolerable.  After a brief shot of well below average cold this week, the air is slated to warm mid month to near the end of the month.  A white Xmas looks unlikely this year.  Last year a white Xmas did not occur because the snow fell after 7 AM.  2.2″ was measured.  It was my first sighting of snow falling on Christmas Day.  Last winter ( Dec – Feb ) the 5th warmest in Boston.  This winter is expected to be near average.  The increasing artificial greenhouse and a weak magnetosphere should preclude a harsh winter here.

Reply to Wednesday, Dec. 5 South West Michigan – Light Snow, Bad Roads

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?