Weather team

started by stormchaser21, December 22, 2016
6 replies to this discussion

<p style=”text-align: center;”>At my school south wood academy of the arts  in Anderson SC, O have created a weather team where me and my other junior meteorologist at my school predict the weather for the teachers and other students.</p>
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>My friends would like to know what your favorite type of severe weather is. Ours is a tornado .</p>

Thunderstorms! I love watching lightning & towering clouds. Also love, after some storms, when mammatus form.

Such rare events here; so when they occur I’m ready with camera

Is it the thunderstorms or mammatus that’s rare? Where is “here”? Wild guess, West of the Rockies?

• Thunderstorms! Lightning is the best!

• Tornadoes are a very exciting and interesting weather phenomena but the community devastation and human tragedy they can bring make it difficult to me to say it’s a ‘favorite’ but I understand from a purely meteorological standpoint they are fascinating to study.

Equally interesting, although they can be very destructive themselves, is microbursts.

But like most folks who live in AZ I love a good thunderstorm!

• The WEATHER TEAM IS SO AWESOME!!!!!

Reply to Weather team

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?