Weather channel slacking!!

started by JoeyJet625, February 10, 2019
23 replies to this discussion

I’ve been noticing a lot of graphics disappearing and no better changes happening to this channel as the months go by. The text bar is gone, local on the 8s is less and the :08,:28,:38 and :58 local on the 8s doesn’t even help getting information on the side bar. Only the :18 and :48 local on the 8s give you your weather information. If we can go back to 2014 and 2015 where the weather channel was as it best with graphics it would be best and more viewer ship too. I’m going to show pictures of how it used to be and why we need the change. Also red mode was used a lot more which was better too.

Please if any producer from the weather channel reads this to consist the change!

JoeyJet625, I’d send The Weather Channel either an email or letter stating your concerns. It may not do any good since they don’t seem to listen to any of us and don’t care.

Yes I know it’s like they don’t care, if they don’t make a change it could be possible more cable companies could loose them because of there live weather coverage.

I don’t care if they are cut from my cable at this point. They are so far gone and gone so downhill in the last 10 years.

I agree. There was nothing wrong with how everything was. I think someone got tired of doing their job and we are all suffering from it.

I think it’s more like concentrating on personalities rather than giving us the weather information that was the original reason for tuning in to TWC. Still do a pretty good job, but someone sitting in an office – as things are wont to go – evidently thought up this new format and Voila! gone are all the immediate informative things we counted on. Strange how that works. And once those decisions are made it’s almost as if they’re too embarrassed to acknowledge an error was made and return to the original format – and hey, that original duffus in the office has probably got a nice promotion by now, so why make waves, right? Anyway, I have yet to read anyone who is pleased with the way things have gone on the weather channel. Should be telling them something but obviously it isn’t.

I just don’t understand why they felt the reason to change at all when everything was fine the way it was before. I would rather have a continuous LOT8s instead of Highway Thru Hell. I have not met a single person in my life that watches that or looks forward to watching it. The #1 weather network doesn’t need to play shows like that.

I wonder why TWC approved a move to mess up the LOT8s… so unnecessary.

I wonder why TWC is not listening to us. It was fine before April 2018, so why make an unnecessary move?

“I want the Local on the 8s to be cut so I can see it when the meteorologists are talking”, said no one ever.

Yea it’s almost going to be a year since they changed to this bad move, hopefully they are working on an update to change this. I also wonder why a lot of people left the weather channel too

Probably because it’s a ghost of its former self. Too many bad decisions. I kept up with them for a long time, but I haven’t seen a good change since 2008 when they launched their HD format.

They haven’t made a good choice since NBC bought it from Landmark Communications. The choices got worse when they sold it to entertainment studios.

I really hope they change it back soon. I’m honestly unhappy, and will be unhappy until they change it back. :18 and :48 are the worst times to show the LOT8s; I’d rather have it at the :28 and :58 mark.

I don’t feel bad for TWC; it’s their fault they are losing viewers because they don’t care.

I agree with ArsenalFan on LOT8s at :28 and :58 of each hour.  Also, during shows like Highway Through Hell, find a way to have the day part forecast on the bottom strip like it’s shown during non shows.

• Settle down guys The Weather Channel is a company they are going to have ups and downs but they will right the ship. Local on the 8s is not that important to find that information look at the website or the app also the graphic mistakes are human 

I know local forecast information can be found on their ad-laden website, but what people are saying is that the Local on the 8s is important. Some people, including myself, find it more convenient to change a channel at a certain time to receive information instead of having to navigate the site or app. The TV makes it easy.

• I actually agree with you kvanbel. What I meant was that it’s not like the end of TWC I used to look at it all the time and agree it’s way better just turn on the tv

• Also I have a funny story about typos on TWC one time they had very saturated stories instead of soils

They should at least update the local on the 8s so we can see our current conditions (not the radar and sunrise) and a 5 day or 7 day outlook

What I don’t understand is how they can’t do a squeeze back like they had several years ago in 2012. And why did they change their logo to the Local on the 8’s logo?

Yea I don’t like the local on the 8s logo I likes the weather channel logo better, it just fitted better. And hope they do coverage for this tornado outbreak until 12 midnight.

Totally agree! This is The Weather Channel, not the Local on the 8s Channel.

• Okay everyone we all love weather right? So, let’s just stop dragging The Weather Channel through the mud and talk weather

• Dear weather lovers,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I completely hear what you’re saying about the local on the 8s. I loved them at the old times being a high school student, so I can see both sides, but I just wanted show and represent both sides. I just think because our country is having tough times as a society we should be able to find peace and talk about weather on a website called weloveweather.tv not fight and complain about what The Weather Channel should and shouldn’t do. Anyone who has a comment about this please reply below. I’m just putting this message on any article where I may have offended someone.

Thanks,

Reply to Weather channel slacking!!

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?