Too Much Snow For This Time Of Year – Mid Michigan

started by CathieU, November 12, 2019
1 replies to this discussion

It snowed all day yesterday leaving about 7 inches on the ground.  The thumb area of the state got 12 or more inches.  I hope that this isn’t a sign of how our winter is going to be.  They did predict a snowy winter for this part of the country but it isn’t even winter yet.  What’s worse is that temperatures will take a nose dive over the next few days with overnight lows falling into the single digits.  My dog wasn’t happy at all and I had to do some pretty strong persuasion to get her outdoors this morning.  It was a wet, heavy snow and the melted amount was 0.55″.  We could still see a few stray lake effect bands today but hopefully not much more in accumulations.

Our 9 AM temperature is 15°F (-9°C), the humidity is 81% and skies are mostly clear.  Winds are from the west at 8 mph, giving us a wind chill of 4°F (-16°C).  The pressure is 30.29 in (1025.7 mb) and rising.  Visibility is 10 miles.  Yesterday’s high was 34°F (1°C) and the overnight low was 11°F (-12°C).  Averages for this date are 49°F / 34°F.  Sunrise was at 7:24 AM and sunset will be at 5:16 PM.

DURAND / OWOSSO FORECAST:

Today
    Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
    Tonight
    Mostly clear, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind around 6 mph.
    Wednesday
    Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -3. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
    Wednesday Night
    Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 22. South southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Not good. I only ended up with 5″ – but it’s just flat out too early for this nonsense. I’m so not looking forward to this winter. I mean, I never do, but especially this one coming up seems to be already shaping up to be a real beast.

Reply to Too Much Snow For This Time Of Year – Mid Michigan

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?