Thunder, Pouring Rain, and Fog To Start Our Sunday – Mid Michigan

started by CathieU, December 2, 2018
0 replies to this discussion

I woke around 3:30 AM to the sound of thunder.  It was music to my ears  This morning feels like a spring day, but I know that we’ll only have a one day reprieve  from the winter weather.  We could see highs nearing 50° today although there is still the chance for more rain.   Most of the snow is gone except for shaded areas and just a trace in those places.  Maybe I’ll get out for a walk today.  Lord knows, I could use the exercise.

Our 9 AM temperature is 44.8°F (7°C), the humidity is 100% and there is light fog.  The dew point is 38°F (3°C) and winds are calm.  Visibility is 1.75 miles and the pressure is 29.39 in (995.3 mb).  Yesterday’s high was 38°F (3°C) and the overnight low was 37°F (3°C).  Averages for this date are 37°F / 26°F.  Sunrise was at 7:48 AM and sunset will be at 5:02 PM.

DURAND / OWOSSO FORECAST:

Today
    A chance of rain, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Areas of fog before 2pm. High near 49. South wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
    Tonight
    Rain likely, possibly mixed with snow, becoming all snow after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 6 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
    Monday
    Snow likely, possibly mixed with rain before 7am, then a chance of snow between 7am and 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. North wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
    Monday Night
    Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. North northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.

Reply to Thunder, Pouring Rain, and Fog To Start Our Sunday – Mid Michigan

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?