Stephanie Abrahms

started by secretspace, January 7, 2017
14 replies to this discussion

Where did you get your mittens? They are adorable and I want some like it???

Mittens???  What mittens???

• Expert Member

Hi!  Thanks for the mitten love!  They are from Astis Mittens.  I got them as a present a few years back and are the only thing that keep my hands dry and warm!

Hello it’s nice to meet you I’m Thomas Nativo  I’m such a huge fan from the Weather Channel    and watch a lot on TV on AMHQ   . I wanted to know how much were mittens were and where did you get it  from .

• Expert Member

Thanks for watching!  They are from Astis Mittens.  I got them as a present a few years ago and they are the only things that keep my hands warm and dry!

Dear Steph,

Your hamburger simile to the atmosphere is just plain wrong.  There are no such divisions in the atmosphere.   The change occurs more gradual.  Moreover, it’s shameless promoting of beef which increases methane emission.

I love Hamburgers But Winter isn’t over just yet

Dear Stephanie, I happen to think your reference to the atmospheres as the layers of a hamburger are good,rough,but good. There are SO many layers of atmosphere up there. My son Jake is a weather forecastor for the Air Force in Ft Scott, Ind. Also, my brother works for NASA. So I get bombarded with weather facts. Such is the life of a lil sister & mom. You’re doin fine ! 👍

There are two layers in the atmosphere with respect to weather.  The troposphere and the tropopause.  The stratosphere is not atmosphere as gases are non-existent.

There are layers to the atmosphere on a smaller scale within the troposphere, this is evident from radiosonde data/skew-t diagrams. I don’t know what the original context was, but Stephanie is a trained meteorologist and I’m pretty sure she knows what she’s talking about. Her analogy was simple and delicious, though I prefer layer cake analogies myself 😉🍰

Whenever Step references the atmospheric hamburger I have not noted the context of  inversions.  There can be multiple inversions especially in winter which can affect precipitation.  Spatially these differences are not remarkable though this appears so graphically.  As you are aware, inversions are transient.  The inveterate atmosphere consists of the tropopause and the troposphere.

Stephanie, hi there from Boca Raton, FL.  You’re doing great — you know your stuff and you’ve got a trademark personality that makes it fun to listen to your weather discussions and watch your interactions with the rest of the crew. Stick with that hamburger analogy, it helps make it real for the casual viewer. Remember, there are a bunch of weather geeks on this site so of course they’re gonna be sticklers. AMHQ wouldn’t be the same without you.

🌞⛅️⛈️🌬️☔️☃️

Hi! Thank you for doing what you do. It’s people like me who want to become meteorologists that are inspired by people like you. The Weather Channel is the only thing I have really watched since I was about 5. Thank you for being an  awesome, strong, inspiring and fun meteorologist! <3

• Expert Member

Aw thanks @iifrigidfire !  Nothing means more then hearing that I’ve been able to inspire someone to follow their dreams!  Study hard!:)

Hello I’m Thomas Nativo from New Milford NJ it’s Been a rainy after noon it was nice this morning  but I did here any Morning Thunderstorms . Just a passing shower . Now there there saying Thunder is possible if we hear Thunder . Like most Meterlogist say when Thunder roars  go in doors because lightning could be sighted  and Thunder is a scary sound . I’ve never struck by lightning because I survived a lot . An because severe weather happens in the spring and summer and the Risk of Tornadoes .

Reply to Stephanie Abrahms

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?