Research paper help

started by Chase_Green, October 31, 2017
1 replies to this discussion

(Paper Completed) This topic can be closed.

Hello,

I am currently writing a research paper on whether meteorologists over dramatize large scale weather events in order to gain views/ratings. My thesis states that they do, but only to bring attention to life threatening events. I was hoping that a meteorologist(doesn’t have to work for TWC) could comment on this and give their views on this topic. I personally do not see anything wrong with this, mainly because I would rather be over prepared than caught dead, so please do not see this as “exposing TWC for click bait!” but as research for this paper.

Thanks,

Chase Green

Dear Chase Green,

Though I am not a meteorologist, I do research and I plan to be an on camera meteorologist. I personally don’t think they would exaggerate (to my known extent, anyway) but they do try to get the word out.   Do you remember the Joplin tornado?? It was an EF-5 and killed 158 people; deadliest tornado since 1938 (forgive me if I’m wrong about the date) and the meteorologists at TWC worked overtime to get the word out. Anyway, to answer your question, I don’t think they exaggerate; but I may be wrong.

Reply to Research paper help

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?