NOAA's April Predictions Are Out – Above Normal Temperatures

started by CathieU, April 2, 2019
4 replies to this discussion

NOAA has released it’s prediction for this month’s weather.  Most of the country is expected to have above normal temperatures which is a complete swing from April of 2018.  So the winter haters can rejoice.  I think we all get a bit tired of winter by this time of year, and any snowfall . . . . even flurries,  doesn’t set well with most people.  Yesterday was very chilly, but today’s high should reach normal levels.  By next weekend, we could see highs in the upper 60s to near 70.  I love it!

Our 9:45 AM temp is 42°F (5°C), the humidity is 60% and skies are mostly cloudy.  Winds are from the south at 12 mph.  The pressure is 30.04 in and rising.  The dew point is 28°F (-2°C).  Visibility is 10 miles.  Yesterday’s high was 46°F (8°C) and the overnight low was 37°F (3°C).  Sunrise was at 7:17 AM and sunset will be at 8:03 PM.  Normals for this date are 49°F / 32°F.

OWOSSO / DURAND FORECAST:

Today
    A slight chance of rain after 5pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 55. South southwest wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
    Tonight
    A chance of rain between 8pm and 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. West southwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    Wednesday
    Sunny, with a high near 54. Breezy, with a west wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
    Wednesday Night
    Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northeast after midnight.

Wow! You know I’m well and fully entrenched in the ‘winter-haters’ column, so the thought of warmer than usual thrills me no end. Thanks for the perk to my spirits this morning :>)

90% above normal? that seems a little far fetched.

Yes it does, doesn’t it?  Unfortunately, many times when we have a very warm April, we have a cold May.

streak of warmth.  Boston saw all 3 winter months above average 2 F.  Mar came in exactly normal   Apr is expected above avg.  There’s a good chance this summer will be warm and very humid like last summer.  Last summer was the most humid on record!….yet it was only somewhat wetter than avg.  Human ghgs are definitely influencing earth temperature.  The most prominent effect in the mid-latitude is during the warm season.

Reply to NOAA's April Predictions Are Out – Above Normal Temperatures

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?