Natinoal day of mourning

started by katrina, November 13, 2018
6 replies to this discussion

I declare a National Day of Mourning for 11/13/18 and 11/14/18.

it has seemed that we have received 3 snowfalls already this season and we aren’t even half way through November. the first one was in the middle of October but it didn’t accumulate. however the temperature has suddenly dropped to the 30’s before winter has started, even before Veteran’s Day and we had are first accumulating snowfall. this is a national tragedy. we should not be having snow this early in fall, even before the leaves are raked. to add on to that, we had a second accumulating snow a few days later. this should never happen. no snow should fall until Winter begins. the temperature has rarely gone above 40 making it freezing. winter has come to early and this is a problem so I ask for everyone to mourn for the Midwest.

Today and Tomorrow, we are all Midwesterners!

My husband is complaining because he wanted to mow the lawn one more time before winter, and we’re having winter now.  I can’t ever remember having this much snow in November.

Myself as well. Wanted to get all the gas out of the tank so it wouldn’t make condensation.

grass height of several inches is good for lawn in winter

how so?

tends to insulate roots from the cold

We like to mulch our leaves before the first snow and haven’t been able to do that this year.  I know they say that leaves should be left in place in the fall because it feeds the trees through the winter.  That’s why we mulch instead of rake.

Reply to Natinoal day of mourning

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?