Naming Winter Storms

started by Weathergeek666, April 9, 2019
6 replies to this discussion
  • Do you like the fact that The Weather Channel names winter storms. I personally don’t mind. Please tell me below what you think.

I don’t.  I really don’t pay much attention to the names.  Hurricanes are different because they are quite distinctive, but these winter storms just seem to all run together.  That’s my feelings anyway.

• I completely understand how you feel about it, but like I said before I don’t really mind

many winter storms are forgettable but get named  I remember Harper because it was recent and affected my town  5″ snow then rain.  what a joke this past winter

• I completely agree with you Manowx, but the same thing happens to tropical cyclones, for example remember TS Julia in 2016.

• I personally like the winter storms being named. When I post on FB about the storms it is easier to recall the details of the weather.

A local meteorologist kind of rolls his eyes when someone will make a comment and mentions a name. LOL!!

• Thanks for the reply @blizzardof1966 I have to admit I kind of like it as well

Reply to Naming Winter Storms

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?