Lightning scare in Arizona – thank you Weather Channel

started by MicheleW, September 2, 2019
0 replies to this discussion

I live in the middle of the desert in Bullhead City, Arizona.

We rarely get exciting weather here, but during Monsoon season anything can happen.

Last night, I was awoken by the sound of a smoke alarm and looked outside. To my horror, the palm tree next to my neighbor’s house was hit by lightning and the winds were spreading the embers everywhere, including the roof of my house.

Rather than panic, I called 911 and then remembered all the tips the Weather Channel had for evacuating. I gathered my important docs, pics and purse and immediately left the house.

Luckily, Mother Nature was on our side and followed that fire up with a rainstorm that helped to extinguish the flames, along with the amazing Fire Department who showed up within 15 minutes.

It just goes to show that you can live in what you think is a “safe” area and still be vulnerable to life-threatening events.

Thanks to the Weather Channel, I was able to stay calm and evacuate my home safely.

And thanks to Mother Nature, my house was spared.

Reply to Lightning scare in Arizona – thank you Weather Channel

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?