Ice, Sleet, Freezing Rain For Our Wednesday – Mid Michigan

started by CathieU, February 6, 2019
1 replies to this discussion

This is really a yucky morning and I’m so glad that I don’t have to go out in it.  My deck had about a half inch of sleet  topped with freezing rain this morning and there was 0.59 ” in my rain gauge after I thawed it out.  A winter weather advisory remains in effect until 1 pm and the freezing drizzle seems to have ended at this time.  The ground is white but it is sleet, not snow.

Our 10:45 AM temperature is 31.6°F (0°C), the humidity is 99% and we have drizzle and haze at this tiem.  The pressure is 29.90 in and steady.  Skies are overcast and winds are from the north at 3 mph.  Visibility is 4 miles.  Yesterday’s high was 42°F (5°C) and the overnight low was 28°F (-2°C).  Averages for this date are 28°F / 15°F.  Sunrise was at 7:46 AM and sunset will be at 5:55 PM.

OWOSSO / DURAND FORECAST:

Today
    Freezing rain likely before 2pm, then a slight chance of rain between 2pm and 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
    Tonight
    A chance of freezing rain after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Northeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    Thursday
    A chance of rain or freezing rain before 7am, then rain. High near 46. East wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
    Thursday Night
    Rain, mainly before 8pm. Low around 21. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 16 mph becoming west southwest 17 to 22 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Cathie, this type of weather is when being retired comes into focus as one huge blessing. I’ve been more or less hibernating for the past few weeks – and SO grateful to be able to do so. Stay safe. Spring will get here – eventually.

Reply to Ice, Sleet, Freezing Rain For Our Wednesday – Mid Michigan

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?