Hurricane Irma: The Discussion

started by weather-lover, August 31, 2017
12 replies to this discussion

We live in the Low-country of South Carolina, And we all remember the Impacts Of Hurricane Hermine And Major-Hurricane Matthew, And while Everyone Else Is Not Concerned Right This Moment, I Am A Little Bit, And For One Reason: Irma Is A Major Category-3 Hurricane, With A Giant Bermudian Rigde Of High Pressure ( Like There Always Is ) Right Above It, And The Way It Stands, It Looks Like Where It’s Going To Go, It Looks Like It’s Going To BLAST Through The Leeward Islands, The Carribean, And Purto Rico, And Then If Not Ride The Coast Like Major-Hurricane Matthew Did, It Will Make A Direct-Impact In Charleston, S.C.

according to the National Hurricane Center the storm is heading toward the Caribbean island’s and will sweep though there so I don’t think you should worry

Thank You For Reminding Me! ( Really, Thank you! )

well, bad news. the NHC says that the storm will be heading toward Florida in the next 8-9 days. be prepared to move somewhere if the storm moves toward you

Yeah, Especially Since It’s Now A Category-4 Hurricane And Practically RACING Toward The West Now…..

it is now a catergorey 5 hurricane and is heading for Flordia

It’s scary now, I live on the east coast (200 mi. inward), but a 500 mi. storm at category 5 is just madness now!

I think there is probably cause for concern now for the Carolinas, as what appears to be possible now is not only Florida in the cross hairs but very likely a swing up along the coast. It’s a huge storm. Just be prepared and watchful. Hoping you stay safe.

Yeah, we have a church building, a STURDY, church building, that my grandparents are going to shelter at. We’re going to take shelter at one of my aunts’ houses.

this is the first category 5 hurricane to hit the US sine Wilma.

I know about Wilma, but I wasn’t born yet.

I’ve heard about Wilma and remember that, as well as Hurricane Andrew in 92.

They had Hurricane Matthew just last year I believe.

I find it hard to believe Irma is bigger than Harvey.  I dread what’s coming, even though I’m on the West Coast.

It makes me sick not only to see the loss, but the con-artists come out in droves during these times.  I know it brings out the best in people, with neighbors helping neighbors.

But also the worst with looters and con-artists looking to take advantage.  🙁

Yeah, THAT especially. I think we’ll be fine, only because it’s already a Cat-2 Hurricane, and it’s not going to bring hurricane conditions to Harleyville,S.C.

Reply to Hurricane Irma: The Discussion

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?