Humans Can Predict Tornados Or other weather

started by AidynBratt, May 26, 2017
12 replies to this discussion

Well i think that human’s can predict it but why well maybe headaches and althrites in your hands

• Expert Member

Many times people report headaches or aching joints with a change in pressure – of course this change in pressure can lead to stormier weather, so there is something to be said for us being able to “feel” the weather!

@alexwilson, I get pressure in my head more often than I get a headache: a) after a cold front passes; or b) once storms pass my area.  I take either an Advil or an Aleve to relieve the pressure.  If the pressure throbs or I develop a headache, then I take an extra-strength Tylenol.  The pressure is gone within an hour.  Excellent advice, huh?  #wxdizziness 😀

I am 65 with 2 titanium plates and 9 screws in my left ankle …when the barometer drops as when storms are coming and or we are in a tornado warning/watch situation…the ankle feels like a spike is being driven through it 24 to 48 hours in advance then it worsens making it feel like the metal is shrinking around my bone….Yes Humans can predict…I used to think my Grandmother was nuts…but here I am LOL…

• Expert Member

Ouch!  Isn’t it funny how it works like that and now you have to deal with it too?!? Thanks for sharing – but sorry the weather pains you!

Well Yeah I Think so!

I’ve heard that some animals can predict the weather or react to potential changes in the weather. I watched some videos last week about how some animals react to changes in the weather. I saw that cows tend to lay down when a cold front was approaching, that was interesting to me!

I think animals are a bit more sensitive to changes in the weather (although I can relate getting headaches) than humans because there senses (especially hearing and smell) are more stronger than humans. Dogs tend to be sensitive to pressure changes in storms. My dog usually shakes, drools, starts panting, and likes to hide during storms. I don’t think its fair to say dogs can predict the weather but they can sense when storms are coming.

• Expert Member

I definitely agree with dogs sensing storms before we do! One of my dogs, Dasher, does the same (panting, drooling, and shaking – poor pups!) a good 15 minutes before the storm actually arrives. Animals are more sensitive to barometric pressure drops, which is rough especially when you live in a place where storms are very prevalent.

Good luck with your pup too! We’ve had luck with playing food-finding games and playing relaxing classical music for her.

Thanks Liana! 🙂

@liana-brackett, we should play more classical music from Beethoven and/or Lawrence Welk music to calm our puppies like Dasher (yours) and Maggie (mine) during ominous weather.  #wxmusic #arfarf 😀

I found out that when it’s going to rain cows lay on the ground that means that a rainstorm is probably Coming or near your area.

Sorry, nope. I grew up on a dairy farm, cows are lazy & always laying down! 🙂

Oh never mind I never should have looked on the

internet cause it said that!

Reply to Humans Can Predict Tornados Or other weather

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?