Hey there!!

started by kcass, April 28, 2017
16 replies to this discussion
  • Expert Member

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say that we really do read your comments and questions. I think this site is awesome, so we can interact with people who are just as passionate about weather as we are here at The Weather Channel! From the questions and comments I’ve read, sounds like you guys have major weather knowledge, as well as curiosity. I love that people’s comments range from beginner levels in meteorology up to highly skilled as well! We really have the best fans, and you are all very appreciated!!

Well hi kcass !  Weather is forever changing and is never the same. I like this site. I just have one question ; where do you ladies get those beautiful dresses?  I know….its not a “weather” question.  You all are so well dressed. (js)

• Expert Member

Newton, thank you so much!

I am a savvy shopper, both online and at the stores. I will often find some great designer brands at a good price at Ross’s, Marshall’s, TJ Maxx. We do have a wardrobe consultant, who will sometimes go through our closets and “weed out” the not so good TV looks. I love when I get an email from her saying I’m looking good! But I also like to hear it from my fans, so thank you very much!

And thank you thelonechicken as well as Andy! Appreciate your comments!

@kcass, you are cordially welcome!  #wxclassact 😀

🌎😁

One thing I have noticed, though, is that TWC must have a dress code in place for you, because I’ve never seen any one of you ladies in a skirt, no matter how “formal” it may look. It’s always a one-piece dress. Amirite?

I’ve also noticed how nicely dressed TWC’s staff are.  🙂

And like another member here, I’ve noticed the women wear just one piece dresses and not a skirt & blouse.  I’ve wondered the reason for that too.

• Expert Member

Speaking just for myself, dresses are just easier than trying to “piece” together separates. I also usually pick them out the night before, since I get up at 2am and my brain takes a while to wake up!

I can definitely relate!  It is much easier to wear a dress than “put together” pieces!  🙂

Like you, I pick out what I’m going to wear the night before too–depending on weather forecasts as well as where I’m going.  And I’ve been in the habit since I was 10…..   🙂

• Hi Kelly! 🙂 I for one have no doubt that you and all the other gifted and fun-to-watch-and-listen-to OCMs and experts on TWC do indeed read all our posts and comments. I am a lifelong weather watcher, and I am and have been an avid and regular viewer of TWC since its inception way back when. All of you always do an outstanding job, and it is clear that you all very much enjoy what you all do, and that only adds to the enjoyment of watching TWC. Never ever doubt that you all are likewise very much appreciated!

• Expert Member

Thank you so much!

@kcass, amen to that!  The Weather Channel brings the finest meteorologists in the country and has the brightest, most zealous fans in the country when it comes to weather.  The more interaction between The Weather Channel and its fans, the better the communication processes.  All TWC meteorologists love to read comments from their fan base as long as they are appropriate.  It is called #wxengagement101.  I am confident that @twcerikanavarro would agree with me on this.  #wxfanbase 😀

I’ve loved the Weather Channel since I discovered it AND cable!!!  This is the channel I don’t know what I will do without when the cable has to go.  I take cloud and sunsets almost everyday, as it has become an obsession.

Hi Kelly! I’m a big fan of TWC! I have enjoyed following the weather since I was little! I enjoyed the virtual tour of the TWC studio! The studio looks really cool with the graphics and special dimensions that you use! The special effects provide a great visual! I like the demonstration about hail size and formation that Jim Cantore gave with the special effects! It’s so cool! The virtual tour of the TWC was a good visual of what the studio looks like. My only question is there a place/room that you go to in order to prepare for the show? And is there a place for food for you guys to eat somewhere at TWC headquarters?

• Expert Member

Hi! Yes, we prep in our “newsroom” before heading out to either Studio 9 or the Lab for our shows. If you watch my virtual tour that I did for this website, the newsroom is that space just outside the Lab, near the news desk where we monitor video feeds from around the world.

So to prep, we are looking at our weather graphics that are put together by our team of weather producers so we are familiar with the stories we’ll be telling on air. We also check computer models, climate data, NWS advisories, airport delays, Storm Prediction Center statements, and check severe reports from the day before. I will also check on fun stuff like outdoor events that might be affected by the weather, good or bad! For example, which cities are hosting baseball or football, NASCAR, and PGA tournaments.

I really like the weather channel but the problem is that I do not have cable and local now does not work for me so I can only watch it at my grand parent’s houses which is very rare.

Sorry to hear this.  🙁  I know how it is when you don’t get certain channels anymore or have service from a provider anymore.

Reply to Hey there!!

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?