Happy National Weatherpersons' Day

started by AndyMoserWX, February 5, 2018
9 replies to this discussion

I would love to wish all meteorologists a happy National Weatherperson’s Day!  February 5 is one of my favorite days to celebrate.  On this day, we honor everybody associated with meteorology, weather forecasting, and broadcast meteorology.  We also honor volunteer storm spotters, observers, and others working in the weather field.  Finally, we honor both weather geeks and freelance meteorologists like me.  #myfavoritecelebration 😀

For more information, please click on the following links below:

1. https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-weatherpersons-day-february-5/
    2. https://www.checkiday.com/26ac0411e7849914e830c16739a2b9fe/national-weatherpersons-day
    3. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=lot&storyid=21403&source=0
    4. https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/fun/national-weatherpersons-day

Please enjoy all the sweet treats (e.g., cookies, cupcakes, ice cream) on this special day.  All of you deserve it! 🍦🍪 #yum

I would like my mother take a set of pictures on her phone to put on her Facebook page and tag those with #NationalWeatherpersonsDay. 😉

Now is the time for my thank-you notes on National Weatherpersons’ Day.

1. Thank you, Dr. @twcerikanavarro, for being the coolest hurricane expert around!  You are amazing to listen to during hurricane season. 😀
    2. Thank you to Dr. @tniziol for being our winter weather geek at The Weather Channel.
    3. Thank you to @maria-larosa, @kcass, and @dewpointdiva for staying classy at The Weather Channel 24/7.
    4. Thank you @liana-brackett for your Latina chic and flare that zealously puts me in a good mood at The Weather Channel.
    5. Thank you @chris-bruin for being The Weather Channel’s version of a “California Girlie Man”.
    6. Thank you to @tornadicx Shalena, my coolest weather geek at We Love Weather TV.
    7. Thank you @haleybrennan for not only being the coolest redhead at TWC but also creating the finest fan-base interaction for weather geeks like me!  #redheadsrock 🙂

—Andy Moser, Woodward, OK

• Verified Member

I appreciate it, Andy! Thanks for being one of the most passionate weather geeks here!

@haleybrennan, you are welcome.  I would like to also wish a happy National Weatherpersons’ Day to both @stephanieabrams and @alexwilson, two natural-born blondes who have turned into adorable redheads.  #NationalWeatherpersonsDay 😀

Gee, thanks Andy, right back at ya!! .. and I appreciate all the meteorologists in the Tampa Bay area & those of you at the Weather Channel.. & helpful people like Haley!

💜 You guys rock!

• Expert Member

Thanks Andy! Our amazing fans like you make today one of the best! 🙂

@liana-brackett, you are welcome!  You win a million Latina weather points and a pint of tornadic swirl ice cream.  #wxsweettreat 😀

• I thank all of the meteorologist and specialy the twc channel meteorologist and specialy to us weather geeks out here.

For those who are curious about who my favorite meteorologist is in Oklahoma, it is Emily Sutton of KFOR-TV Oklahoma’s News 4.  #nationalweatherpersonsday 😀

In this picture, Emily dresses up as Storm, one of the X-Men mutants.  #wxmutant 🙂

Oh, Andy, please be nice to @chris-bruin. He seems to be a sweet guy with a long career ahead of him. He’s one of my favorites, and it makes me sad to think he’s getting teased.

Reply to Happy National Weatherpersons' Day

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?