Frost Warning In Effect For Northern Michigan

started by CathieU, September 18, 2020
0 replies to this discussion

Last night was very chilly with lows dropping into the 30s in some places.  We are at our campground near Indian River for the final time this year.  Most of the RVs are gone and there are just a few of us seasonal people left.  I always enjoy a half-empty campground and don’t miss the crowds of people one bit.  We plan to stay here until the 28th and the final packup is always a chore.  I can’t believe how quickly this summer has gone.  We were without WiFi most of the summer, and they finally have it working.

Tonight is expected to be even colder than last night and a frost warning is in effect.  I’m not sure if there is any frost expected at home, but I sure hope not.  My tomatoes and squash just started coming in and we aren’t there to throw a tarp over them.  But it is what it is and no point in worrying about it.

Our 9:45 am temp is 40°F, the humidity is 89%, and winds are from the N but calm.  The dew point is 37°F and visibility is 10 miles.  The pressure is 30.39 in and skies are clear.  Yesterday’s high was 58°F and the overnight low was 30°F.  Average temps for this date are 64°F / 53°F.  Sunrise was at 7:21 am and sunset will be at 7:42 pm.

INDIAN RIVER / TOPINABEE FORECAST:

Today:  Clear.  High 56°F.  Winds NW at 5 mph turning to the NE in the afternoon.

Tonight:  Widespread frost after midnight.  Mostly clear with a low of 27°F.  Winds w at 5 mph.

Saturday:  Frost early, then sunny.  High 60°F.  Winds around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Reply to Frost Warning In Effect For Northern Michigan

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?